You are not logged in!
Click here to login.
Construction Industry Scheme
If you or your company is involved in construction activities you should be registered with HMRC's Construction Industry Scheme. Construction activities may suggest complex and large projects but it actually includes jobs such as plasterers, builders, electricians, brick layers, carpenters, plumbers, etc. This government scheme specifies how payments to sub-contractors are completed, by contractors, and applicable taxation.
In order to comply with CIS requirements you would be expected to carry out the following:
- sub-contractors need to register with HMRC as a sub-contractor
- contractors have to register with HMRC as a contractor
- contractors must obtain HMRC verification of sub-contractors
- contractors must produce, per tax month, a payment certificate for each sub-contractor
- contractors must complete and submit monthly CIS returns
Obviously both contractors and sub-contractors must keep detailed financial records.
What we offer
Merlin has decades of experience working with many clients within the construction industry and can help with the sub-contractors payment scheme including:
- verification of sub-contractors
- producing payslips
- producing monthly payment certificates
- dealing with HMRC monthly return forms
- help them register with HMRC whether a contractor or sub-contractor
- tax returns
- accounts & book-keeping
So why not let us take the donkey work out of your accounting?
So where's the carrot?
As an added incentive for signing up with Merlin we're offering you either 12 monthly CIS returns or a self assessment tax return for FREE!*
Give us a call today and make an appointment.
*Subject to signing a two year accounting contract with fees paid monthly using a standing order agreement.
For more information
This website offers a range of free helpsheets covering a wide range of topics applicable to many aspects of your day-to-day business operations. Simply register to access these resources. Of particular interest is the Construction Industry Scheme helpsheet